The health law group at Caplan and Earnest LLC has added five experienced health law attorneys in recent months, making this one of the largest health groups in Colorado. The practice group now has 11 attorneys.
The new additions to the health care law group are:
- Sheryl K. Bridges, special counsel, specializes in malpractice, defending clients who receive complaints from professional licensing boards, health care compliance, and contractual disputes among health care corporations. She came to Caplan and Earnest from Fennemore Craig.
- Terry Cipoletti, special counsel, specializes in regulatory matters including privacy breaches and data security. He also has extensive litigation background and has recently defended several clients in federal civil rights matters. He previously worked with Fennemore Craig and Kennedy Childs.
- Justin Miller, associate, clerked for Caplan and Earnest while in law school. After graduating, he was a legal fellow for the Denver City Attorney’s office, where he developed experience in representing public entities in litigation and other contested proceedings. He will work on all aspects of health care litigation, including medical malpractice and commercial disputes. He will also support the firm’s public education group.
- Bob Rowland, special counsel, specializes in compliance, health care regulations, physician contracting, corporate law, hospital licensure, medical staff and peer review. Mr. Rowland has extensive experience in hospital and health care facility operations. Prior to joining Caplan and Earnest, he was vice president and associate general counsel at LifePoint Health, Inc.
- Laura Wassmuth, special counsel, also specializes in litigation with an emphasis on medical malpractice, defending clients accused of violating patients’ civil rights, employment matters, and contested proceedings relating to professional review. Ms. Wassmuth was previously with Fennemore Craig.
Led by Practice Group Leader Meghan Pound, other members of the Caplan and Earnest health law group include Linda Siderius, Greg Lindquist, Gregory James Smith, Jennifer Sullivan and Matthew Ullrich. Pound, Siderius and Sullivan are all members of the firm.