3107 Iris Avenue, Suite 100
Boulder, CO 80301
Honors & Awards
Best Lawyers in America, Health Care, 2018 & 2019
Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star, Health Care, 2018 & 2019
Matt Ullrich’s practice specializes in health care law, with a focus in the following seven areas: HIPAA, Medicaid, Medicare, telehealth, long-term care, behavioral health, and transactions.
Matt routinely works with:
- Telehealth Companies
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Home Care Agencies
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Mental Health Centers
- Managed Care Organizations
- Behavioral Health Companies
- Managed Service Organizations
- Physician Group Practices
- County Health Departments
- Provider Networks
- Individual Practitioners (e.g., MDs, DOs, NPs, RNs, DCs, PTs, SWs, LPCs, PsyDs, SLPs, etc.)
Prior to joining Caplan & Earnest, Matt worked at the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (Colorado Medicaid). At Colorado Medicaid, he advised Medicaid leadership and providers on policies, procedures, rates, legislation, and federal and state regulations. While there, Matt also worked closely with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), and the Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) under the Colorado Department of Human Services.
Matt hosts a monthly podcast titled the Health Law Rundown, which features timely health law issues for health care companies and practitioners. In his spare time, Matt reads fantasy and sci-fi works, plays sports (especially basketball, golf, and racquetball), and enjoys the outdoors with his wife (Rachel), son (Zac), and dog (Rigby).
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, J.D.
Honors: Robert & Neil Barry Scholarship, Sturm College of Law General Scholarship
- Webster University, B.A. in Economics, Minor in Finance
Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Deans’ Service Award, Daniel Webster Scholarship
Admittances & Licenses
Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Health Law Committee, Vice-Chair (2016-2017)
- American Health Lawyers Association
Colorado Bar Association, Health Law Section, Executive Council Member (2015-2016), Treasurer (2016-2017), Secretary (2017-2018), Vice Chair (2018-2019)
- Denver Bar Association
Health Law Chapter, Annual Survey of Colorado Law (2014 & 2015)
“A Primer on Telehealth and Telemedicine,” American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Health Law Committee Newsletter, Winter 2016
“Telehealth and Telemedicine 101,” American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, 101 Practice Series: Breaking Down the Basics, 2017
Frequent lecturer to health care associations and companies on telehealth, HIPAA, long-term care issues, and the Affordable Care Act.
- Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing, Contract Performance and Operations Specialist
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, Legal Intern