1800 Broadway, Suite 200
Boulder, CO 80302-5289
Lynn David Bird
Member, Estate Planning & Business Law Practice Group Leader
Lynn David Bird’s practice focuses on estate planning, wills, trusts, estates, and probate, real estate transactions, corporate and entity formation and representation (including for profit LLCs, partnerships, and corporations and nonprofit corporations), business planning, buy/sell agreements, and business sales and purchases. Mr. Bird also has background in employment law, including employment, non-compete, non-disclosure, and confidentiality agreements.
Mr. Bird joined Caplan and Earnest in 1979 and became a partner in 1982. He served as the firm’s managing partner from 1984-1985 and again from 1993-1997, and was a member of Caplan and Earnest’s management committee from 2007-2010. He began his Colorado practice with the firm of Feder, Morris & Tamblyn, P.C., in Denver.
Mr. Bird actively participates in community service and pro bono work. He has worked to incorporate and obtain Section 501(c)(3) nonprofit IRS recognition for a number of organizations, including the Child and Family Advocacy Program, which primarily assists victims of child sexual abuse; the Robert Meals Medical Fund, which assists Boulder County residents in need of a transplant or other extraordinary operation; and the Institute for Environmental Solutions.
- University of Idaho College of Law, J.D.
Law Review, Co-Editor
- University of Kansas, B.A. in History
Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Boulder County Bar Association, Member
- Junior Achievement of Boulder County, Board of Directors
- Rotary Club of Boulder Flatirons, Charter Member
- Boulder County Crime Stoppers, President
- YMCA of Boulder County, Vice President
Pro Bono & Volunteer Activities
- Boulder Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Boulder County Bar Foundation
- Rotary Club of Boulder Flatirons
- Institute for Environmental Solutions
- Child and Family Advocacy Program
- Robert Meals Medical Fund
- The Business-Education Alliance
- Feder, Morris & Tamblyn, P.C.