1800 Broadway, Suite 200
Boulder, CO 80302-5289
Honors & Awards
- Volunteer of the Year, Small Business Development Center South Metro Chamber of Commerce
Coulter M. Bump
Coulter Bump’s practice focuses on providing legal services to school districts, including representation in matters related to day-to-day operations, as well as real estate and transactional matters. Her areas of specialty include powers and duties of school boards and board members, policy development, employment, open records and open meetings, construction contracts, real property acquisition and land use, intellectual property protection and compliance, and financial transactions. She is qualified to give presentations and trainings on the process of BEST grants, data protection and privacy, board of education member roles and responsibilities, student and staff speech issues, and school district contracting issues.
Coulter also provides litigation support in cases involving the Colorado Governmental Immunity Act, and has provided clients legal support with a number of business services involving intellectual property, real estate, contracting, and employment law. Coulter negotiates and drafts agreements to purchase and sell real property leases, and conducts title reviews; forms corporate entities; drafts independent contractor and employment agreements, nondisclosure agreements, employee handbooks, non-compete/non-solicitation, and severance agreements; consults on business succession planning, trade name and trademark development and protection, ADA accessibility, and risk management issues such as hiring and firing and waivers and liability releases.
Coulter is the chair of the Colorado Association of School Board’s Colorado Council of School Attorneys, as well as the National School Board Association. She practices as part of the firm’s award-winning education law section. She is highly proficient in Spanish and enjoys hiking, skiing, teaching fitness, spending time with her husband and kids and traveling in her spare time.
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D.
- Northwestern University, B.A.
Highly proficient in Spanish
Admittances & Licenses
- U.S. District Court for Colorado
- Colorado Court
Professional Associations & Memberships
- National School Board Association, Member
- Colorado Association of School Boards, Colorado Council of School Attorneys
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Boulder Bar Association, Member
- Faculty of Federal Advocates, Member
Seminars & Presentations
Selected Topics: BEST grants process, intellectual property procedures, school district contracting, entity selection, basic company incorporation.
University of Colorado Law Review, “Reviving the Coercion Test: A Proposal to Prevent Federal Conditional Spending that Leaves Children Behind,” 76 U. Colo. L. Rev. 521 (2005).
Pro Bono & Volunteer Activities
- Northwestern University Club of Colorado, President
- John Austin Cheley Foundation, Committee member
- University of Colorado School of Law Ambassador
- Small Business Development Center Network, Former advisory board member
- Governor’s Small Business Council, Former member
- Intercambio de Comunidades, Former board member
- Small Business Development Center South Metro Chamber of Commerce, Former volunteer consultant
- Harris Karstaedt Jamison & Powers P.C., Associate
- Timmins LLC, Attorney
- Montgomery Little Soran & Kuhn P.C., Associate